Monday, June 21, 2010

Lazy 5 Ranch

We met our friends & soon loaded up on the horse drawn wagon for quite an adventure...well a safari of sorts. The animals knew what to do...and thankfully no one got hurt, although I got pecked a few times in the arm by a hungry ostrich who didn't believe me when I told him my bucket of food was gone.
Gordon and I were on the other side of the wagon...we were surrounded by the animals.

What a menagerie of critters


A cute widdle baby zebra...awww.
A little bit older zebra.
This is FUN! Where are the deer? Will there be lions? Will they eat the deer?
Water buffalo, he came right up to me and opened his mouth for me to pour in handfuls of food...I was too stunned to snap a picture of that. He was surprisingly charming.
They were ganging up on me
My very favorite critters (the giraffes!)
Gordon got up close and personal.
This is the ostrich that wouldn't believe me when I told him I was out of food. He pecked my upper arm just to get my attention...it did.
He finally left me alone so I could get some more giraffe pictures. What amazing creatures!
Majestic!
Gentle. Soft. Funny looking. A fine example of God's sense of humor.
On to the rhino!
I'd like you to meet Luther. 5,000 lbs.
I don't know this beauty's name, but she had personality!
And was totally lacking in manners.
Oh my. You too?
What a trio.
These guys kept to themselves.
Yikes.
Synchronized grazing.
And after the safari Gordon and I went to Grandma & Papa's house. We spotted more wildlife.
Can you see them down there?No? Let me zoom in...there were at least two, they live inside those railroad ties under the porch. Yikes! But they keep poisonous snakes away, and other pests. As long as they stay way down there!