Thursday, March 26, 2009

Discombobulated

I love that word.



It is our life right now.



It is so strange to ALL be home ALL of the time.



I have a brief audit appointment tomorrow and am meeting with a friend for lunch - and I am so looking forward to getting out of the house! Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge homebody, but we've spent more straight hours together in the past 10 days then in our first year of marriage I think.



This is the first real week where I've felt like I was "unemployed" - tomorrow's small audit will be the only appointment I've had all week - and I've worked maybe 1 to 2 hours a day all week on wrap up work here at home.



I've caught up on all the laundry, dusted everything, vacuumed everything, polished everything, spread a full truck bed of mulch, cooked some stuff, done some grocery shopping, and even organized Gordon's socks, toys & clothes! There are just a few things left of "housework" and a few things left to do for work - and then I'll spend more time on searching for what I will do next with my career.



Shannon had an interview tonight - he's still there (I'm beginning to think they hired him and put him to work, it has been over 2 hours since the appointment!) It would be nice, to have one of us with an income - even though it isn't anything we can live on for long term - it will help spread out the savings in case it takes me a while to find something comparable to what I am losing, plus if we can get the health insurance and not have to pay for Cobra insurance...God's will be done, we pray and have faith that in the end, we'll be fine no matter what, deep inside I know that, and and grateful to God for the peace he's given us in this turmoil. I am sleeping better than I've slept in years!



In my prayers this past week I'm constantly praying for this little guy. I've been a reader of Mckmama's blog for a few months now, and although I'm just a reader and don't know this family at all really, I feel drawn to continue to pray as little Stellan fights for his life. Mckmama's faith is inspiring, human, real, and strong - I think it is so easy to say God is in control when life is going along normally, but to go through all of what they have gone through in the past year, and still know that you know that you know He is in control is a real testament.