Friday, March 20, 2009

2 Months Later

Life happened. Work was out of control. A lot to update but will start with just the basics:
1) Shannon was laid off the last week of January - it was working out great with him at home taking care of everything, because my work was consuming - I had to work in Florida for a week in February, plus all my work up here - and January to February 27th is our "crunch" time so it was nice to be able to put all my efforts into my work for a change.
2) Gordon and I flew to Florida on 2/6, Shannon joined us on 2/11, and we spent Valentines weekend at my sister's house and going to Disney - it was a blast!
3) We came home. I worked like crazy, literally only stopping to eat, sleep 3-4 hours, go to the bathroom, and back to work again from wee early morning to late late night. Shannon was getting worried, I was getting worried. It was right up to the deadline of 12:00 midnight on 2/27. And it all got done except for one audit, which was great considering.
4) I had some breathing room again the next week, until Thursday 3/5 when I got the call that I needed to cancel my Friday audits and drive down to Charlotte to meet with my manager. Talk about an uneasy feeling. It was a sleepless night to say the least. I was told, along with many others across the nation, that I was being laid off as of 4/2. Amazing how one day, life is normal, the next, it is turned upside down. Well upside down may be a stretch. I know, as in all things, God is in charge. We will do what we have to do, things will be fine. I am just thankful our life change is just in economics and careers, not in loss of health or a loved one or dealing with something worse. We have a lot to be thankful for, and we are so grateful that we have each other and our family and friends to pray for us and encourage us.

Maybe now that I will be having some "free time" I'll be able to catch up more here! My little Gordon is as sweet and funny as ever and I have many updates to share.

We're looking forward to a beautiful spring full of hope and renewal, I hope you are having a beautiful first day of Spring today!