Friday, December 11, 2009

Decking the Halls...with Baby Jesus...Thomas and Percy?

When I first got the boxes out of the attic Gordon immediately noticed something interesting in one of the clear bins
His face was plastered up to the plastic like it was the window to a candy shop!
Of course it was a train...one I'd bought for $8.50 a couple of years ago at a consignment shop - a Lionel Christmas train. I've never gotten it out before, so I hoped it still worked...but told Gordon he had to wait until the next day to get it out, after I decorated the tree...oh the waiting, it was excruciating for him!
Later, I had to do a double take when I walked past the table with the Nativity...some visitors from the Island of Sodor were paying tribute to the baby Jesus and a few ornaments thrown in there too...somehow I think Gordon has been playing with the Nativity set?
He was singing carols while decorating the tree in his room...I let him use all the "odd" ornaments and things that were non-breakable, and candy canes too.
Notice the "skirt" of ornaments on the tree :) I love it.
And this shows the fiber optic train we bought at Cracker Barrel back in September when we went to see Thomas the Train. It has tons of little points of light all over it and they change colors, the Train is a "gingerbread" train with candies and the lights - Gordon is loving his decorated room.
Huh...I just noticed his sippy thermos nestled under his tree. There is nothing better than Christmas with a four year old boy.