Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sooooooooo Big!

Last night I was sitting in the chair rocking when Gordon climbed up on to my lap and said "mommy's rocking her baby" and then he laid his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my neck and stretched out like he was going to go to sleep on me. It was one of the sweetest moments. Then I laughed when I realized my "baby" was more than half my length and his toes were touching my shins! I recently bought him some new clothes for this fall/winter - in a size 4T!! I need to stand him against his height chart and see how tall he is today...his weight has stayed the same for months now, at 37.5 lbs.
Picture time...


looking cool in mom's shades
















Getting the full garden tour with Grandma...he sure enjoyed the garden, especially picking beans and berries and "slapping" a huge pumpkin that is already bigger than a basketball.








































The sunflowers were gorgeous, it was a perfect day

















It inspired my choice of background for the blog as you can see














picking a peck of peppers...


















You might think this picture shows a little boy deep in thought about the various aspects of gardening...but actually I'd just asked him for just ONE of the dozen blackberries he had cupped in both of his hands and in a panic he'd shoved every one of them into his mouth at once...

















There's farming blood in those genes























Sharing a funny with Grandma...


































I enjoyed sitting in the gazebo and waiting for a cool breeze...the ceiling is a work of art...















My little man...slowing down for a snack on the deck...I'm sure he's thinking why is mommy always taking pictures of me? The other day he came out from his room all sleepy eyed and happy and said "I'm cute!" --- maybe he does understand after all.