Thursday, August 21, 2008

From Forgiveness to Zucchini

Sorry I've been M.I.A. Work got pretty rough the last couple of weeks - many long nights, but I'm back...with little to say and just a few random pictures. My big drama for the week was getting rear-ended Tuesday afternoon while I was sitting at a red light. It wasn't bad, my foot was firmly on the brakes so I didn't hit the car in front of me, and wouldn't even be worth commenting on, if the woman that hit me had been a normal person...but she was insanely enraged and made the whole experience one of the most ugly encounters in my life (which is saying a lot...there have been a few). It is one of those times in my life when that verse in the Bible, "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" Matthew 5:44 really makes me dig deep because it was very hard to feel anything close to love for this woman...but now that the hours (a lot of them) have passed, I've begun to wonder about her, and what has made her so vicious, what emptiness she must feel to be so filled with hate, and that does make me pity her, and pray for her...is that love? I think it is, in some way. The memory of her woke me up at 2:30 this morning - and I needed that sleep thank you very much :( and I wish, now that I have forgiven her and found peace with it, that I would never think of it again, but I guess it doesn't work that way.

But maybe a change of scenery will help!

I am leaving this morning at 8, with my little helper in tow, to someplace near Hickory, NC. Several of my co-workers and I are doing a volunteer project to help a friend, and Gordon is going along, with his very own rake and shovel in tow - well, that will make a nice photo op - not sure how much real help he'll be - but I know he'll have a blast trying! Since Hickory is more than half way, I've decided to make a visit to my parents, so Gordon and I will get a nice long weekend in the mountains...and once again, poor Shannon will be stuck home working hard.

Oh - and one update...the ice cream truck was here last weekend...and sure 'nuff, Gordon knew exactly what that meant - this time mommy had remembered to have some cash on hand and we did get some more ice cream...I'm beginning to like this truck - wonder if you can call him for delivery on weeknights when you've had a rotten day and just need a Blue Bunny treat to cheer you up?!

So here's my random shots of the last week or so:

Not quite ready for school yet...

Now we're ready!
Gordon in a box...
This is not very exciting I'm sure...but it was the first time Gordon ever ate an apple by himself...without me cutting it up into teeny pieces...he LOVED being able to bite into it!

A REEEAALY random picture...my GIANT zucchini and some tomatoes from the garden, the zucchini was really good in a recipe I found for CHOCOLATE zucchini bread - it was like chocolate cake - but I would call it health food since so much zucchini was in it LOL! I also made one of the best meatloafs I've ever made (and I make good meatloaf if I do say so myself) with shredded zucchini in it - whodda thunk?!: