Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sometimes We Stay Home, Sweet Home...Our Fall Home Tour

Welcome!
This month has been full of activities, but we did stay home plenty of days and decorated for fall, and just enjoyed some "free" days with our (mostly) beautiful fall weather.We made some new "ghosties" this year - I love them! The first one below covers the candy corn dish that was vulnerable to sneak attacks from my little gremlin...now they are safe again.Some days we even stayed in our pj's all day.Some cluttered fall decor on top of the fridgeGordon loves to rearrange my pumpkins...a mix of real and fake ones, so I just let him, until they start disappearing and we go on a search for them in his room."Mommy, take my picture, I'm a chipmunk!"My autumn decorated mantel, this will take us through Thanksgiving so kept the "Halloween" out of it. Deb - do you recognize some of the florals? That beautiful arrangement you gave me was not "child friendly" so got put in the attic for a while, well that didn't go so well...but I ended up loving using the florals here. I hope that doesn't upset you that I re purposed it.Gordon's room...it is "evolving" from the nursery. It is crowded, but I put the other twin bed in there, he loves having the bed to roll around on, look at his books and toys. The decals on the wall (below the rail, the above part is the farm mural painted by my Dad) are part of our counting lessons - the train cars have a certain number of animals on each car, so we count and see the number to learn our numbers...plus they are cute.We are also learning to identify days of the week and the concept of months on a calendar. This also helps to show him "how long until..."Just because he loves his room, doesn't mean his stuff stays in it though...And just to spread the mess...we do our crafts in the dining room...A beautiful evening, the sun going down just lit up the colors.The bird feeder looks like it is glowing!Viburnum berries catch the sunlightPyracantha berries and burgandy dogwoods mix in to look like fallMy pumpkin lovin' boy...and the poor mums that have been chewed on by the bunnies.This giant gum tree (I think it is a gum?) hasn't turned yet, but there are some touches of yellow starting.

Happy fall y'all!