Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sleep Study Tonight - ha ha ha!

I am supposed to hook this little gizmo up - wrap it around my waist and then attach a clip thing to my finger. This is going to tell them if I have sleep apnea or not...I guess they just don't believe me when I tell them the reason I get 4-5 hours of sleep a night is the loud roaring that comes from the other side of the bed. I have earplugs, but they only dull it a little bit (and I've searched out the kind that have the highest decibel rating at the store!) And I'm not too comfortable wearing the earplugs because then I'm afraid I wouldn't hear Gordon. Although, come to think of it - I've always heard him before Shannon, but still, someday I might not. Anywho - I am to wear this gizmo for the full nights sleep the lady says - "at least 7 hours". Um. If I slept 7 hours, I wouldn't need a sleep study. I'm in the middle of an "auditing crunch" - which means I'll be lucky to finish by midnight, and although I theoretically could sleep until 7 am...the chances of that happening are slim to none as Shannon will be getting up at 4 am...and there are no earplugs strong enough to block out that noise! And I can rarely fall back to sleep after that interruption. So what to do?? I guess I'll get "in trouble" with the doctor - they need the equipment back tomorrow I'm told. I was only half joking when I told my mom I was going to just slap that sucker on Shannon and see what happened - he usually gets 7 or 8 hours of sleep a night. He knows he snores, he's just in denial about how loud he is. You can hear him at the other end of the house. I know this because that is usually where I end up sleeping. Gordon has heard him too - our bedroom and his share a wall. One night he woke me up yelling from his room at 2:30 am. When I got in there to see what was wrong, he kept telling me to "fix the wall mommy!" I can't prove it, but I think he was talking about the rumbling coming from the other side of it. Poor kid. Shannon did tell me I could try that snore-enz...it is a spray that the snoree is supposed to spray on the face of the snorer whenever they start sawing logs. I laughed and said the only way I thought that would work is if I sprayed it all at once and he drowned!


So I guess my sleep study is going to tell me that I don't get enough sleep...that will be eye opening (he he...get it? go ahead, say "aaugh"!)

ok...back to my auditing now...