Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gordonisms III

Happy New Year!!!

I was sitting at the dining room table, paging through a magazine that had just come in the mail while Gordon and I were eating lunch. "Mommmmmmeeeee, those are for reading while you poop!" This was said in a tone that says - I can't believe you don't know any better! It took me a few seconds to realize that because we have a magazine rack on the bathroom wall that we keep "stocked" for bathroom reading - he concluded that magazines are "bathroom only" reading material.



Since mid November Gordon has frequently taken on the role of "Little Puppy". He loves to pretend to be a puppy, often down on all fours, barking, panting, begging to be pet, given a treat, have a little scratching behind the ears. He even tried to lick my cheek once. That was a bit too far for me. He has decided that if he is Little Puppy, then I must be Big Puppy. I love the way he says it too - I need to get it recorded on video - he'll say "Hey Big Puppy!" (kind of like "hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin' style!) and I can't help but smile. And bonus - I've found that when Gordon digs his heels in and is determined to be disagreeable about something (like getting dressed or eating breakfast) if I start treating him and addressing him as "Little Puppy" he is much more likely to cooperate - life is fun with my Little Puppy!