Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rebelling...a little

I just sent an important email that I copied to my boss...it auto replied back that she is on vacation until 1/5. I feel completely unmotivated to continue working after seeing that! I want to take off too - I have plenty of vacation time left too - like 3+ weeks - but am not able to take it right now thanks to the tons of work I have to do. I know if I did I'd never recover from the work I'd be behind on. That is frustrating. But I keep reminding myself there are plenty of good things about this job. I just need to keep reminding myself that more often - and I know there are plenty of people who have lost or are facing losing their jobs, so I AM very grateful to have mine...but still...I feel quite grouchy about it TODAY.

On another topic...I'm going to start blogging with a different frequency and style come January. I've been contemplating this for over a month now, and I've decided I'm going to have different topics/issues/themes on certain days and try to post at least a few times a week, if not a little something every day - and to try to keep it brief when I can. I think that will feed my need to TALK freely, to hash out how I feel about things. I realize I do so little of it, even with my work. I wrote about this man I audited last week: http://momingso.blogspot.com/2008/12/christmas-is-coming-goose-is-getting.html and it occurred to me how much I miss just talking about real topics with people (and how I really can't in 99% of the time in my work - it is too risky and it isn't the right place or time for it) so since Shannon already knows my views on pretty much everything - and he encourages me to write because he likes what I say (he's more than a bit biased of course), and Gordon isn't really at that level just yet (almost though LOL), I am going to start talking here like someone is listening and gives a hoot about what I think, even if there isn't anyone listening or who cares...I'll just pretend :) So here are the topic I am tossing around in my head:
Christianity - my faith in Jesus Christ, often when I'm in the car between appointments I'm listening to wonderful Christian ministers - Alistair Begg, John MacArthur, David Jeremiah, Michael Youssef, and Roger Wiles. They inspire me, convict me, teach me, and energize me, and they get me thinking about issues they preach on, and how it speaks to me in my life.
Politics - lightly, not to offend any who don't agree, and not to debate with anyone either, but just to comment when I feel like it, which isn't as often now that the election is over, but still, I reserve the right to expound on what is wrong in the world of politics from all sides, but predominantly the right side.
Home - all things regarding homes - from buying one to cleaning one - ideas, links to others' ideas, tips, tools, projects, architecture and decorating - things I love and could easily capture and catalog here.
Family - ideas for fun things to do, places to go, resources for parenting, especially Christian parenting, education, and all things related. And of course I'll continue posting our pictures and newsy stuff.
Food & Fitness - Ok laugh at the fitness one, or, if you haven't seen a recent picture of me, go here, http://momingso.blogspot.com/2008/12/getting-our-tree-amys-thanksgiving.html and then come back and laugh. I'll wait. ..............................Ok you can stop now. I plan on doing something about it...yeah I've said that 100,000 times. But maybe blogging about it will help keep me focused and honest about it. Plus, on the Food side - well I love to cook (obviously I love to eat too), I have a gazillion recipies I will never be able to try in my lifetime, but as I try new ones or make old favorites I plan to post about them and catalog them here, as well as about the whole progress to fitness thing (please, seriously, stop laughing now).
Money - I love to also listen to Dave Ramsey, and am all about being thrifty and also environmentally concious (Environmentally concious is a lot longer than the current popular word for taht - but I won't use the gr**n word, it has been so overused and marketed I can't stand to say it, and it used to be one of my favorite colors too...) anywhoo - so as I come across great ideas I plan to put them here too, to share, and because I'm 40 now, and I can't remember where my phone or car keys are, or even my morning coffee (9 out of 10 times it is in the microwave, where I put it to reheat it, and it is still blinking "finished" when I get back home at the end of the day, or the next morning, or the next...) so I need a place like a blog where I can keep all these thoughts that keep falling out of my ears and disappearing.
Something to Smile About - I like to try to find odd stories in the news that are "happy" ones, it isn't easy, but we all need as much good news as we can get right?
I think there are more topics I've mulled around lately, but right now that is all I can recall and I promised myself I'd finish goofing off by 2 pm...and it is 1:58, so it is back to work I go...except now my eye is twitching...geez it is always something!

Ok, now it is 2:06 - how did that happen??? GRRRRRRRR